Personal productivity is a key driver of your success, if you can get more done in the same time as your competitor you’ll win. You’ll be quicker, cheaper and/or offer more value.
So, how do you maximise your productivity?
- Instead of think of all time being equal, book work for different times of the day. Think about when you have the most energy for difficult tasks and book time for them. This means you match the right time with the right task.
- Take regular breaks. Set a timer on your phone or computer and if you work at a desk get up and walk around.
- Limit the number of projects you are working on and make sure you complete tasks before taking on new projects.
- Keep a clear head and put all your tasks in one place so you don’t think about what needs to be done.
- At the end of the week review your tasks and see what you’ve done.
- Avoid all distractions when you are working, this means the phone and email.
- Break big tasks and projects down and just start so that you have momentum.
- Keep all your notes in one place and don’t use your inbox as a to-do list. Keep your inbox down to zero every day.
- Exercise and educate yourself on productivity. If it takes you 10, 20 or even 100 hours to master being productive think about the value over your lifetime.
We hope one or more of these tips help you become more productive and win.
Image from Flickr by Susanne Nilsson.